A Bunch of Berries

A Bunch of Berries

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

At this time today 9 years ago, Craig and I were officially married. Our wedding was at 2:00 in the afternoon and it was probably an hour long. I had all these great ideas when planning the wedding that I wanted included that day. Craig, being the easy going man that he was, went along with it. I know, deep down that he thought it was too much. :) We had lots of singing, a dance by two beautiful young dancers, communion for everyone at the wedding, solos by some great singers and prayer time with friends. As one of our groomsmen said at the rehearsal...."You know it is a long wedding when the wedding party sits down twice during the ceremony." LOL!!!
It was a celebration of us joining our lives together before God and it is a day I will never forget. The reception was fun and after it was over and we had taken many pictures, we headed to St Lucia for our honeymoon.
I was looking through old pictures on the computer trying to find pictures of us. One thing I learned was that once we had children, pictures of Craig and I are hard to find. It seems to be just the kids. Ha! I found some good ones to reminisce about but I could not find one picture of us on our wedding day. I am not good with computers so maybe in a later post Craig can help me scan some. :)
Here is us when we were dating and we got our picture professionally made.
Here is a picture of us when we got engaged at the beach.

This was 4th of July days before we got married.
We had a slide show at our wedding. We had pictures of each of us as kids. We also included some pictures of us when we were just friends in the college and career ministry at our church. We were friends for six years before we started dating. When we knew the time was right to begin a relationship, it was meant to be and we were married soon afterward. Here we are playing a game to see who could put the most candies on their partners face. Craig and I won!!! At least I assume we did!!! I don't like to lose! A match made in heaven :) We are so competitive....lol!
Hanging out a church event. I think it was a pajama party :)
At our rehearsal dinner:
This is where I would put a wedding picture.......oh well!
We had a great time on our honeymoon in St. Lucia. The weather was so beautiful. It was at the most in the 80's. It was not too hot, crazy since it was mid July.
Here we are hanging out at the pool.
We rode horses and even got to take them in the ocean. Craig can tell a funny story about his experience on his horse he will never forget. :)
We were at a Sandals resort that was all-inclusive. It was so nice to be able to eat anywhere on the resort and just walk out after we were done without paying a bill. It was hard getting used to paying for meals when we got back. LOL!
9 years later, 3 kids later, we enjoy the beach again just this week. This time though it was at Surfside Beach not St. Lucia! Life changes when you have kids...HaHa!

Thanks for 9 wonderful years Craig! It has been nice strolling down memory lane. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment