A Bunch of Berries

A Bunch of Berries

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Jensen!

Our sweet Jensen turned 2 October 4th 2012!!!!!

I remember the day he came into this world like it just happened. Seriously, where does the time go to? I was very uncomfortable, 3 days past my due date, and very anxious to finally meet him. He was worth the wait!
Jensen has been a joy to have in our house. He is very active and truly keeps all of us on our toes, especially me. I tell people all the time that I do not remember being this exhausted when Liesel and Caedmon were this age. I know it is mainly because I am older now and I have two other kids to take care of. I do believe though that Jensen is much more active than Caedmon was at this age. Caedmon was very content sitting and looking at books for long periods of time. Jensen is either running through the house, throwing or kicking a ball or racing cars and trucks down the hallway. If you are not careful, you might get hit with a ball. Haha!

To celebrate Jensen's birthday this year, we kept it simple. We invited our close friends the Glenn family over to have dinner, cake and ice cream. I made him a cake from scratch which was yummy if I must say so myself :)
We sang Happy Birthday to him and he did not seem overly impressed. LOL!

I think Jensen liked the cake. He had to inspect it first apparantely.....hehe!




The night of his actual birthday we went with my parents to TGI Fridays, his favorite restaurant. Just Kidding! How do you figure out what a two year old's favorite restaurant is??!!?? They gave him birthday ice cream. I think he is saying: "Mommy, did you know that this ice cream is good?"
Oh Yes, it seems to be very good to you Jensen :)
I thought I would show some pictures that would tell a story of who Jensen has become in the past two years.

He loves yogurt......a lot!!!
He is very handsome.....and he knows it :)
He has fun playing in Mommy and Daddy's closet. He takes shoes out and wears them. He also moves things around so I find them randomly in a different place.
He thinks his older brother is super funny.....we think so too!
He is funny himself and makes us laugh, especially Liesel. He shows off by acting goofy and Liesel laughs a lot at him which only encourages it. :)

He runs away from us and laughs the whole time!
When it is time to watch TV, he gets in position.....LOL! He likes having a blanket too. I will ignore the fact that it is an NC State blanket. No Craig, this does not mean he is an automatic State Fan!!!!!
He loves spending time with his brother on the couch.....What is it about the couch?!? It must be a man-thing.
He likes to be silly! He did actually put those on himself. No help from big sister in the background.
He even cleans the crumbs off the table. As a Mommy, I love that one. :) I did not teach him to do that by the way.

He loves balls so much that sometimes he even wants to go to sleep with them. So funny!
This last shot was on his actual birthday. He is starting to look like a little boy and no longer a baby. As you can see, he has some trucks!!!!
Jensen is truly a blessing! We love you so much Jensen! Happy Birthday!







No comments:

Post a Comment