A Bunch of Berries

A Bunch of Berries

Saturday, March 26, 2011

I am getting caught up!

Well, I am finally starting to blog again! I am known for starting things and not finishing them. LOL!! I really want to finish this idea I had b/c I want to blog for many reasons. One of my friends a few weeks ago asked me why I only did one blog entry and then stopped. I laughed b/c that is what I do....not that it is a good excuse...I know!!! I am back on track and hope to blog at least once a week. I hope I can stay accountable.
Anyways, the last time I blogged, I was waiting for my sweet Jensen to be born. That was a long time ago. He was born October 4th. He is almost 6 months old and I feel now that I am starting to finally get into a good rhythm and now have time to do stuff like this again. It has been a true blessing adding a third child to our family. There is way too much to write about the last 6 months, so I will just talk about the past few weeks.

The second week in March was Liesel's spring break. We went to Myrtle Beach, SC for a nice family vacation. We stayed at a resort with an indoor water park. Jensen got in a bathing suit for the first time and looked so cute. I just love how babies just go with the flow. I guess since they really do not have a choice. LOL!

We took him down to the indoor water park and put him in a baby float and he just chilled the whole time as we went around the lazy river. His expression never changed. Like I said, one minute he is just hanging in a hotel room and then he is in a pool for the first time. The whole idea makes me laugh...I do not know why :)

Liesel and Caedmon loved all the slides. Since, the ocean was way too cold to swim in, the kids really took advantage of the indoor waterpark. They must have gone down the slides close to 50 times in 3 days.






It was a nice, much needed family vacation. I love making memories that we will remember forever!
On March 16th, Craig turned the big 40! I am so grateful to have such a wonderful husband. I have enjoyed picking on him this whole month since my birthday is not until next month and even then I will only be 34. So, for now he is 7 years older than me. HeHe!!!!
That morning, Liesel was chosen by her first grade teacher to receive the chapel award at Wake Christian. Each week, each teacher picks 1 or 2 students from their class that has shown Godly character. We received a call from the school that Monday to be at chapel that Wednesday to see Liesel receive the award. We were told to keep it a surprise from Liesel. That was difficult to do b/c I wanted her to look nice and usually I do not make a big deal about getting dressed in a skirt or dress. She said she saw us walk by her room on the way to chapel, so she knew she was getting the award. Hey, we tried! It touches my heart to watch her be rewarded for her actions. Words cannot describe how it feels to see your child succeed.
Jensen was very proud of his big sister!
Caedmon is such a fun son to have. Since we have chosen not to send him to preschool yet, I get to spend some great quality time with him every day. He keeps me on my toes and amazes me. He has a great imagination and makes me laugh. He loves to play Wii. We have Wii fit plus that Mommy uses almost every day to get her post-baby body back in shape. He actually enjoys doing the exercises along with me and by himself sometimes. He talks about them and will often say to me "Mommy, can you do this exercise?" Then he will show me one from the game or one he made up. I wish everyone could see him do this b/c it is so funny. What four year old likes to exercise this much? Maybe he will grow up to be a personal trainer. LOL! Here are some pictures of what he calls his triangle pose. He says you have to open your mouth sometimes while you do the yoga poses.
I made my favorite muffins this week. I absolutely love to bake. I do not enjoy cooking as much. I wanted to share one of my favorite baking websites. It is called joyofbaking.com   I made buttermilk, blueberry muffins. I love blueberry muffins. They are probably my favorite type of muffins. The buttermilk gives them such great flavor. I stumbled on this recipe b/c I had some buttermilk left over in the fridge that I did not want to waste so I googled "muffins with buttermilk" and I stumbled on to this website. I made a batch and ate 3 in one day. Sad I know!!! YUM!!! The kids love them too. The muffins only lasted 3 days. If you like blueberries, you must try this recipe.

One funny thing to end with. I joined the softball team at our church. Softball was my sport in high school. I was pretty good and received all conference honors one year. We have now played 3 games and I have barely been able to walk after the last two. LOL!! I ran too hard to first base after a hit and strained a muscle in my thigh area. I have been walking around the house moaning like an old woman. Craig asked me if I stretched and I said no. I could not understand what was happening. I feel like I am in pretty good shape. I do Wii!! LOL! He turned to me and said "you are not 18 anymore!" "Yes I know Dear" I said...."thanks for reminding me. My body has informed me twice now!" LOL!!!
Well, off to enjoy another week of my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment